Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by BWalker
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by BWalker
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Barnes are extremely good at crushing bone from any angle. So aim for high shoulder/spine and you'll get a lot of DRT kills.

I agree with that. Unfortunately they are more erratic when shot behind the shoulder.

I just don't see the erratic part really. Even ones shot to far back. Buddy hit two this year for some reason in the liver area, both fell at the shot. TTSX.

High shoulder. Not the best for error, go middle of vitals to get the most room for error every time IMHO.

But lots love that high shoulder shot.

I've seen 3 this year walking with that shot a bit to high but healing. And at least 1 last year. Usually see 1-2 a year with that shot a bit to high.

Probably the problem is that some folks that try that shot don't know exactly where its supposed to go actually.

You expect and like deer to run by your own admission..
Deer have to be one of the easiest critters to kill. When when runs an appreciable distance with a cup and core bullet out of a high velocity rifle it's an oddity IMO. With monos more often than not they run.

Not in my experience, at least not with a MV of 2700 plus and a shoulder shot. DRT. Complete pass through..

My experience is similar to yours Jorge.