My experience started with Barnes way back in the mid 90's. I always follow these threads with interest.

Struggled getting any original X's in 270 to shoot. Finally found an accurate load with the 140gr. Took a Colorado elk, and a few deer with no issues. When I finally got a chronograph, found out the load was very slow, only running a little over 2700fps. Moved on to other bullets.

Next experiment was with Barnes 338 XLC out of a 338-06. Did not shoot satisfactorily, moved on. I was done with mono's for the time being.

Then I met one of the guys from Superior ammo and the local range. He convinced me to try TSX's. This was early 2000's? Since then I/we have on game experience with the following:

X original
270: 140gr antelope/deer/elk

TSX
22 caliber: 45gr, 53gr deer/antelope
270: 95gr, 110gr, 130gr deer/antelope
338: 210gr antelope/deer/elk
375: 300gr impala/sable/roan/zebra/hartebeest
423: 400gr buffalo

TTSX:
270: 130gr antelope/deer/elk
300: 180gr deer/blue wildebeest/black wildebeest/zebra/waterbuck/ oryx/warthog.

To my knowledge, I have never had a "failure". Every one I have recovered has been dang near advertising print perfect.

The last couple of years, I have used some C&C just to try them again. They work, but I do not like the damage they cause. I hunt fairly open country so DRT is not an issue for me.

My Dad has used nothing but Hornady 130gr IL for many, many years out of his 270. But he did use a 150gr NP on his only bull elk.

Arcus Venator