I have been using the TSX, LRX and TTSX bullets since about 2003. I had two weird experiences with one box of 140 grain 7mm TSX's where two of them did not expand. In both cases, I recovered the bullets and their tips had bent on impact, therefore, the bullets did not open at all. They more or less bounced around in the animal like a FMJ at that point.

Other than that, I have used them on Shiras and Yukon moose, several grizzlies, black bear, Dall sheep, caribou, lots of elk, mule deer, whitetails and antelope. I have not experienced any other problems or lost any animals during that time and I have never had one of the tipped versions fail to expand. Some of the animals were very close, including a 360" bull elk that dropped at the shot with a 175 grain LRX from my 30-06 at about 15 yards. Other animals were a bit further out. Several mule deer, antelope and sheep were taken between 200 and 400 yards.

Just last month, I shot a Coues deer buck in southern Arizona using my 30-06 loaded with a 168 TTSX, started at 2950 fps. The buck was hit through the lungs and collapsed at the shot, which was about 400 yards. When I skinned the buck, he had an entry wound the size of a quarter (immediately under the hide) and an exit wound that was about two inches wide. I used the same combination last August to kill two barren ground caribou in the Brooks Range. Both had entry and exit wounds almost identical to the Coues deer. One bull was shot at 180 yards and the other 350 yards.

I have also used many other bullets during this same time period, including Partitions, Accubonds and A-Frames. They all worked, although I have occasionally had something strange crop up with them as well. I once bought a box of 200 grain Accubonds and loaded them in my 300 Weatherby. I fired a shot at mule deer in Wyoming that fall and later that day, when I emptied the magazine, found that several of the white tips had broken off and were under the follower.

Basically, if you use any bullet long enough, you will have some anomalies.

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen