SU35,

"I agree with him. Reason why I like the Partition and Berger."

I may have killed more big game larger than deer with Partitions than any other bullet--partly because they were about the only real option back when I started elk-hunting! Started using the .30-caliber 200 Partition when it was still a lathe-turned "semi-spitzer," though it changed to an impact-extruded spitzer within a year or two. Still one of my favorite big game bullets.

Also have been using Berger hunting bullets for over a dozen years now. In my experience they work great, and my experience (reflected in my hunting notes) drop big game quicker than any other bullet I've seen used--and have seen a few, here and there.

I tend to use lots of different bullets, partly to field-test them, but partly because different bullets work a little better for certain types of hunting. Do prefer Barnes in many situations, whether for extra penetration or less meat damage, but also use a lot of Partitions, and some Bergers for specific hunting.

In addition to Barnes, Bergers and Nosler Partitions, in the past decade have taken big game with Cutting Edge Raptors, Federal Tipped Trophy Bondeds and whatever they use in their "blue box" factory ammo; Hornady ELD-Xs, GMX's, Interlocks, and SSTs; Nosler Ballistic Tips, AccuBonds (including the Long Range version), and E-Tips; and Winchester Power Points to take big game. With one exception they all worked well, though some particular models in any line worked better than others, partly because some are made somewhat differently for various purposes, even though they're still "named" the same thing. Which is another thing discovered when trying a bunch of bullets and not depending on examples of one.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck