Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

How many instances of poor expansion did you experience? I would be interested to hear about them, if you're willing.

Jordan -
Most of my testing was done on coyotes because the X bullet was new to me and I had read about failures to expand. I mentioned the two coyote examples that stick in my head, but there were others that had me doubting the reliability of the X bullet. About that same time Dad gave me his .22-250 and I quit using the 7mm RM for coyotes.

The antelope was the first and last big game animal where I used the X bullet - it shouldn't have taken three through the chest to put it down for good. After the experience with the antelope I went back to the 160g Grand Slam that had served me well for 20+ years with no failures. Now, with 14 years experience with the MRX/TTSX/LRX, my group has no complaints.

Some people contend you need to shoot a lot of animals to determine if a bullet is reliable or not. I say nuts to that. When a handful of experiences result in a high failure rate (failure to perform as desired), that is enough for me to take a different route. I've had no issues with MRX/TTSX/LRX, AccuBond, North Fork SS/SS-HP, Grand Slam and only one with regular cup-and-core bullets.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.