Originally Posted by Squidge
Originally Posted by shaman
I think y'all are missing a pertinent fact. At the time of the phone call, Trump did not see Joe Biden as a serious threat in the 2020 election. I would say that most Trump supporters would have agreed with him. At this time, Trump was calling him Sleepy Joe.

Trumps has seen Biden as his biggest 2020 threat for quite some time, this was reported almost a year before his call to Zelensky asking "for a favor". Would you not agree that the rest of the Dem field is pretty much a joke?

Jul 25, 2018

https://www.axios.com/scoop-trump-f...1bf871b-5edb-44e8-baa4-5506e99550fb.html

Advisers to President Trump say Joe Biden is the Democrat he most fears running against, and that Pennsylvania is the state he worries most about flipping against him.

Trump’s calculation is based partly on how weak he sees other Democratic possibilities, including Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren, and partly on who’s capable of appealing to his base of working class whites.

They're all laughable.

Axios was dead wrong. Trump's internal polling at that time was saying Biden was not a threat. As a Trump supporter, I can tell you that nobody on this side of the fence has ever thought Biden was going to be serious competition. Biden's message is stale. He is a walking gaff machine. Nobody over here takes him seriously. Maybe you do, but then we try to be nice and tell the jokes slower for y'all.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer