Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Fubarski
I've read some, and have been taught a lot of that in Church as a kid Jag, I'm looking for some stone hard fact, I cant get there without hearing Mom say, just have faith son. crazy

God could prove to everyone, His power.

But that would be too easy.

It's easy t

"Just have faith, son." Crazy?

What's crazy, is that you haven't yet understood what she was trying to communicate, to try and save you.

It's not too late.

Originally Posted by Fubarski
I've read some, and have been taught a lot of that in Church as a kid Jag, I'm looking for some stone hard fact, I cant get there without hearing Mom say, just have faith son. crazy

God could prove to everyone, His power.

But that would be too easy.

It's easy to be shown, without question, the proper way.

But giving heaven to people that want the "easy" way, won't work.

Life isn't "easy". Resisting evil isn't "easy".

And people that have been given the "easy" lesson, won't be able to follow it.

Educating yourself on the proper way, isn't "easy".

Conditioning yourself to resist the wrong way, believing in God and consistently and without fail proceeding in the right way, isn't "easy", it's damn hard.

And, it should be. Ain't no pussies in heaven. They been weeded out, lookin for the "easy" way.

Your people that showed you the right way, by example and not by lecture, took the hard way. Not only in their own lives, but in their training of *you*.

Woulda been "easy" for em ta just tell ya the way, and do as I say, not as I do.

They was smarter, and tougher, than you give em credit for.

They could only *do* what was right, and hope you learned.

And it's hard to take that path, and not take the shortcut, but they knew that it's a thousand times more effective for someone to see a sermon, than to hear a sermon.

So they STFU, and trusted that you would learn from what you observed, rather than having it force-fed to you, which would be the "easy" way.

"Just have faith, son." Crazy?

What's crazy, is that you haven't yet understood what she was trying to communicate, to try and save you.

It's not too late.

Well said and true.

A many, many, many year process for me to believe, though I knew some how HE and the Good News were true, I didnt know how. Still dont. But now I have faith, most the time, and believe all the time.

Thanks for the votes of confidence Men, however, my biggest hurtle is worthiness, I frankly don't think a rotten pos like myself needs to be hanging around truly good church folk, I may get hit by lightning just walking up the church sidewalk, get thee away from my house demon!!!!! smile

Gunner, come on brother, let’s get your Sharpe’s out and make some thunder with it...We can also discuss the miracles of God, gunpowder, and open sights while we smack steel at 550 yards.

😬😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”