Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by GregW
Where I grew up in the country with goats, sheep, etc. , Any loose dog was shot on site. And the owner would have no problem with it.

Pits are not a dog persons dog. Why have one?

My take is women get pit rescues because they think they can change them. Just like dating an abusive cheating boy friend and/or husband. Many of the gals worship the ghetto lifestyle

Guys with insecurity issues own them because they think it makes them look tough.

Both groups weren't raised with animals and have zero experience living and raising and training and understanding animal behavior. They have no clue how to properly take care of and manage their animals and the project their feelings on them a lot. "Oh he would never hurt anyone and he loves children". Just clueless and dangerous group. Like giving an 8 year old a case of dynamite and a box of scorpions.

I have one animal under my care, a 9 year old pit. Best dog I’ve had. I trust her more than about all but 3 people on this planet.

Last year visiting a friend in Montana who rescued a pit Mix 7 years ago. She bragged what a wonderful sweet dog it was. I met her dog a few times over the years but it was usually in her truck and seemed friendly . I had enough bad experiences with psycho pits to question her and she said her dog was the bestest and most loving dog.She grew up around animals and had horses too. We were out in her pasture and my griff was in my truck. She said let my dog out of truck and go for a hike with both dogs. I knew better but I let my griff, a great upland and waterfowl dog and a sweetheart, out of my truck. Her psycho pit was on my dog and it pinned to the ground by her throat within 10 seconds. My pistol was back in the truck. ( dumb me) I see the life slipping out of my dog and start kicking and stomping the pit but would not let go. I should have picked it up by its rear legs and slammed it against a nearby tree. Not thinking I dropped to my knees and jammed both thumbs deep into the pit's eye sockets and it let go and bit my left hand. I had to go to emergency room for a crushed bone on my hand and take dog to the vet for stitches.

Any pit off a leash that comes near me is going too get shot. Ive seen too many children horribly disfigured or killed by pits. Maybe a generalization but all Pit owners are dangerous too because they know absolutely nothing about their psycho animals.

Jam your finger up the dog's ass. It WILL let go, it keeps you further from the business end and for some strange reason, it sucks the fight right out of them. I know of one very reliable account of this working and I have heard of others. https://www.google.com/search?q=fin...138j1j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8