Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by rickt300

I agree. I have not owned a Pit in many years but I have a friend who I occasionally hog hunt with and he keeps a pair of huge pits as catch dogs. The fact is they are very friendly dogs especially with kids, They have to be controlled around strangers because some people just don't pass inspection. I figure it is they fear the pits and fear to any dog causes a lot of them to become aggressive. The incredible thing to me that gets a lot of people bitten is the IDIOTIC act of sticking your hand in the dogs face! WTH! Why in the world would you do that? The dog can smell you from many yards away. The best thing to do is ignore the dog and if he decides to come over and make your acquaintance then be friendly. I have seen sooo many people do the most idiotic things around dogs. This said a lot of Pits are kept on chains almost around the clock to guard doors, these dogs when they get loose are a lot of times very dangerous. If someone has a dog on a lead do not mess with that dog! It is not your dog so why would you think it cares for you to pet it? In many ways I can't judge others by myself and handling dogs is one of those things. I wear heavy boots, I have been handling large tough dogs for many years, I don't do the idiotic things many people do around dogs that piss them off. I captured a Pit this spring and found it's owner to return her. Beautiful grey and white dog friendly as can be. I just had Amber stop her, put a lead on the dog and put a sign on my mailbox post saying "found Grey and white Pit". Kept the dog on my porch till the owner showed up, a Lady that lives four houses away. That said I have found that people who hate dogs in general are usually low life POS.

You know two things about dogs.

Jack & schit.

LMAO.............

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.