Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by Hastings
OK,I agree with you somewhat that the scriptures of the accepted bibles such as KJV et al have contradictions. The bible was compiled by folks sometimes with an agenda. Books were included and excluded by fallible people. Words were spoken in Hebrew or Aramaic then translated into Greek and then into other languages. Languages often don't quite translate exactly. Meaning and nuance can be lost when going from one language to another. .
No I don't mean due to translation issues,
Just straight out blatant error... Scholars
say the Gospels just got things plain wrong,
Error that cannot simply be attributed to issues with translation.
Originally Posted by Hastings
.. The bible was compiled by folks sometimes with an agenda. Books were included and excluded by fallible people. .
Some christians have said books were included and excluded under divine inspiration..so I takethat to mean what God willed.
OK, some ''christians'' say a lot of things. You cut out part of my comment that would indicate I take things with a grain of salt and I try to sift out inconsistencies. I was pretty clear that I believe there were a combination of things that caused contradiction and inconsistency. Not the least of which would be people with an agenda of their own.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."