Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Gus
a lot of folks are not willing to let god save whom ever he so chooses. oh no. they must do something to be saved...believe a certain way, use certain words, act a certain way, talk, act, or work in certain ways.
no way are they going to allow omneity to pick and choose on his own from the various multitudes, masses, and individuals. and so be it.

My father was Presbyterian, but I don't believe that predestination stuff. Never saw anybody expressly state that in the Bible with the exception of one essayist.

Predestination is a heretical doctrine. It dismisses free will. We have free will up to the point we die.

Many toss out the term "predestination" but have quite a bit of trouble explaining what predestination is or "how it works." Some of our "regular" non-Christian posters have no idea what it means ... they will not even try to define it as they know that attempt will simply showcase their ignorance of Biblical concepts......and rather than join in a discussion about it, they prefer to make witless comments about a subject they do not comprehend. Not one has been able to understand that a man can exercise his own free will in making a choice, but God knows what choices he will make. Is this "predestination?"

I took me awhile to find this comment but I did....

So consider this: Does "predestination" mean that 'there are certain people that are predestined to salvation" ..... or does it mean that "salvation is predestined for those who seek God?"

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”