Have been using Talley Lightweights, and the mounts they were based on, the rings designed by Melvin Forbes for his Ultra Light Arms rifles, for 32 years now. The original ULA rings were made by a Midwest company that as I recollect used the same aluminum alloy.

Have never had a failure, and one of the examples I've mentioned before was the rings on the first ULA rifle my wife and I owned, a .270 Winchester with a #1 contour Douglas barrel that would groups three shots of 130-grain Partitions into 2" or less--at 300 yards. Eileen used it as her Main Hunting Rifle for around a decade, and among other things it bounced around the Arctic Ocean in an open boat, and went on horseback and backpack hunts. It never changed POI until the scope itself went to schidt.

When the company that made the original ULA rings went out of business, Melvin and Talley made a deal where they'd make rings for his rifles as long as they could make them for other rifles. Have used the Talleys on both NULAs and various other actions since then with NO problems. Dunno how many rifles I've had them on, but it has to be 2-3 dozen. Have yet to have the base or rings crack, but then again I don't crank hard on the screws, using the inch-pound recommendations of Talley.

Have only lapped one set, which as far as I could tell made zero difference. That was on a Weatherby Vanguard Sub-MOA in .300 Weatherby.

But can see how the bases could crack if they didn't match the contour of the action very well. Have had problems with that using other bases and rings over the decades, as far as I have been able to determine 75-80% of the problems are due to the actions, not the rings. Have usedTalleys with several heavyweight "dialing" scopes, again no problems after thousands of rounds. Though I do use Loc-Tite when attaching them to to the rifle.

But that's just one person's experience..

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck