Originally Posted by spence1875
Brad I agree on the tape, but I seem to remember back in the day Burris would have little "friction tape" strips included with zee rings, they dont these days.

Spence

Indeed, but I never saw that Burris Zee rings were consistently overly tight/pinched like Talleys, and the little bit of rosin-type paper that Burris provided was far thinner than electric tape. I used the Zee's quite a bit years back and they were my go-to rings before Talley Lwt's became available. And after all, we're comparing steel (Zee's) to aluminum (Lwt's) here, so really not an apples/apples comparison.

I really like getting the "Talley Pinch" out of the Talley Lwt's with a bit of light lapping.

Like many products fallen from favor here on 24hr, it seems popular these days to bash Talley's. I think they're great as long as you don't treat them with neanderthal gloves. Like any man-made product (especially aluminum), stuff fails - voids in the casting, etc. But one thing I can say is that Talley's customer service is top shelf. I've had too many quality interactions with Gary and the guys to count, and I'll continue to support small Co's like theirs as long as they have products that meet my needs.

Are Lwt's for every rifle application? Nope. But for those they are appropriate for they're my first stop.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery