Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by RL
Originally Posted by ltppowell
90% make it less than 5 years in real LE and, unfortunately, most of those that are good at what they do move on to positions where they don't deal with the "general" public in random situations every day.

That statistic sounds reasonable, understandable and a shame as well. I think there are hundreds of police officers doing a good job everyday while a few overshadow the good by their stupidity and power trips. What I don't understand is why, from my personal perception, otherwise good cops seem to defend the actions of those few while not really promoting the good of the hundreds. Not saying you personally but even on this forum all you have to do is read what is written. I get it - "you have to walk in their shoes to understand" - but that is just an old tired saying by now. I support you guys but "don't leave me hanging bro." 😁

Or you can formally complain on azzholes doing s hit that is illegal, far more violent and over the line than this situation....and nothing is done. But yet somehow you're now a snitch in your coworkers eyes, and still a pos to the public.

Its a lose/lose.

Good times!

To be honest, you were one of those that I had in mind about defending the few. Before you get all pizzed at me hear me out. While never being in your shoes, I have been part of many tight knit teams that counted on each other. I understand what happens in the (fill in the blank) stays there mentality. In this specific case most likely all of these cops on admin leave are not really rogue. They got caught up in a bad situation "possibly" brought on by one or two. At the end of the day, by not standing up "snitching" for what is right, they are off the job - maybe even lose the job. Don't know about you, but my family comes first. I did not nor would not jeopardize my families livelihood and financial stability just because of some stupidity on the part of a teammate. Do it right or move on. Just an opinion and not really meant to be a personal shot at you.