Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
The government pays for the worthless residents, that's why they're 10K a month.

Like college tuition........the cost would be about 30% of current cost, if not for government involvement.

Originally Posted by UPhiker
For those who say she should've been locked up in a care facility, those places start at about $10K a month for a decent one for people with dementia. That's why many aren't put in one until absolutely necessary. How many of you could afford that?

"Worthless residents." Hmmmm. Adolf Hitler, Heinrich Himmler, Dr. Joset Mengele, and "Uncle Joe" Stalin, had a solution for dealing with the "worthless" people who had mental disabilities.

The government does not pay (Medicade) for dementia patients as residents in memory care facilities when the person has the assets to cover the expenses.

My wife was a resident at a good memory care facility for 21 months before she died. We (I and she) paid every penny of her care, including medicines not covered by our Humana plan, and dentists' bills. I never asked for nor received one penny from the government for my wife's care. Being over 65, she was on Medicare for doctors' treatments, but everyone over 65 is on Medicare ... including you, if you're 65 or older.

I find your opinion of dementia victims despicable.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)