Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Surely.......given all your flowering intelligence......you know that lifestyle (as well as genetics) can play a part in the severity of dementia/Alzheimers. Also, like most illnesses, early detection is key.

Do you dispute that government involvement (funding) affects prices of care facilities or college tuition rates?

There are lots of worthless elderly. Most will vote for means-testing Social Security.......if it means they still get theirs.....or more.

My wife is a home health nurse. Plenty of the lifelong 'worthless' elderly patients are still on MEDICAID......not Medicare. It's still cheaper for them.

Call all the names you'd like.......if you feel better.

Hint:
Worthless is not a state of mind.

Ahh, "flowering intelligence." I take that as a compliment and am sure you made it in good faith. wink I never considered myself overly intelligent but if you think so, I accept it. smile

Now, as to your "gaslighting" my remarks, I'll address them one by one. Please reread my original post to you carefully.

I. I did not speak whatsoever regarding lifestyle or genetics of those people afflicted by Alzheimer's dementia or the several other dementia disorders. That has nothing to do with the elderly who suffer from dementia. There is no "key" or cure for Alzheimer's or the other dementia disorders so early detection is only beneficial to the family members to be aware of "what's coming" for their loved ones and to try and prepare the best they can for the eventuality.

2. I did not speak to the fact that the government health directives have added to memory care facility costs ... and to every other aspect of health and medical care in the U.S. That has nothing to do with what I posted.

3. I did not speak to the "worthless elderly" who vote for means testing Social Security benefits. That has absolutely nothing to do with the elderly who suffer from dementia. They are -- in most cases -- unable to vote.

4. I did not speak to the issue of those who are still on Medicaid in facilities or in home care. Medicare does not pay for people suffering from dementia who are in memory care facilities or in home care. My address to you concerned your extremely insensitive labeling of dementia victims as "worthless."

5. I called you names?? Not hardly. I merely compared your opinion of the elderly victims of dementia as "worthless," with the attitudes of past dictators and their sycophants who came up with a "solution" for the problem. A comparison is not necessarily an accusation.

"No assets=worthless. "
Many, many people have "no assets" but still work hard and support themselves and families. There are of course, those who refuse to work and abuse the American taxpayers as "parasites." I think that 'worthless" might with good cause be applied to them.

I still find your stated opinion of the elderly with dementia (such as my wife, and others I've known) as callous and despicable.

L.W.

Last edited by Leanwolf; 04/28/21. Reason: Added a clarification.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)