Originally Posted by plainsman456
I have said that if she had folks that were looking out for her and she was in a place that look out for folks with that problem,it would have never happen.

The state pays for folks that need help at homes.

I am not an idiot like one poster has said.

If folks had thought of this type of thing happening to them or a loved one they would have had a plan with funding for same.

While not a rich fellow we do have money set aside for future problems.

Everyone should.

Well the person that called you an idiot was me. Could be I was presumptuous so let me rephrase what I mean. Your statement - "It would have never happened if she had been in a place that handles folks that are lost in their mind. As for them laughing i don't really care." - is ignorance. First many people with dementia are reasonably fine one day and the next the whole world changes. To automatically assume the family wasn't looking out for her without you knowing any of their personal background is idiotic.

Glad you have set aside funds for such occasions but unless you have insurance or are "a rich fellow", I suspect you will run short if you live a long life needing care after you have "lost your mind". Course what do I know...it only cost my father a quarter of a million dollars for 2 1/2 years.