Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

GMAFB. It’s called discretion.

Right discretion. AKA easily spun by a lawyer as racism. Discretion would be someone just run out of a store for attempted theft stopping when the cruiser roles up or stopping after they get out and ask her to stop or face them for dialogue.

Do you understand the meaning of the word discretion? Your examples above suggest that you do not.

Courts have had discretion pulled in since the Clinton years and police too. One person’s discretion is another persons selective treatment AKA racism. I don’t like it but it is what it is. It ain’t the responding officers fault that they don’t live in Mayberry.
This woman by not responding to a squad car pulling up behind her after being booted and likely told that police had been called for shoplifting, then refusing to stop or even look at the police for more than a split second gave the police nothing to base discretion on other than being a white woman.

We’ll have to disagree on this one. No sense in going round and round. I’m not going to see it your way (even though I think you should) and I’m not going to see it your way (no doubt you think I should).