Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I'd bet my life that our virtuous men of God here are without drunkedness, lust, gluttony, covetousness, envy and sloth. Certain their bodies all look like temples. LOLOLOLOL. Way to represent men!
Christians aren't saying that they are without sin. That's not the issue here. The issue is promoting the view that sin isn't sin, and not only that, but that sin is virtuous. Jesus forgives sin, but he forgives the sin of those who recognize an action as sinful and repent of it. He doesn't forgive sin that is promoted by the sinner as a virtue. That's compounding sin upon sin.
That's pretty much how I have always been taught in the fire & brimstone preaching Southern Baptist Churches and the pentecostal Church of God.
In other to be forgiven your sin you much repent and work towards not ever commiting that same sin.

Not, this new aged thinking where I have heard a church goer state (when they were about to get wasted or whatnot) I've heard, it ok I will just ask for forgiveness in the morning!
The way I was raised is if you know it a sin before you commit it and fully intend to commit it anyway, on the pretext of knowing you will be forgiven so why not have fun; then those types of sun are not automatically forgiven.
And the more you commit those same sins, the more penance you must do to be forgiven BUT you cannot go back to doing it everytime you want!
That's why they call it being a devout Christian!
Ok. Let's not look at homosexuality from the religious point of view but instead from the Nature side of the argument:
There is a reason that there are 2 sexes. Care to take a guess? Bingo, to go forth and populate the species. BOTTOM LINE! If you are engaging in any unnatural act then you are against the natural order of the universe and there by nature is against you. A male and female was made to mate and have offspring to further the chance of survival of their species! If you are not a productive member of your specie's existence YOU ARE PERVERED, SICK. DISTORTED, UNNATURAL!

Last edited by MPat70; 11/24/22.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ