Originally Posted by antlers
There was a recent thread on this board about the decline of Christianity in America. The majority of churches in this country are plateaued or dying, while the numbers of un-churched and de-chiurched people are growing by leaps and bounds.

Do those who comprise the body of Christian believers (the Church)…individually and collectively…bear any responsibility for this…?

Or is it all the fault of un-churched and de-churched people themselves, and our culture…?

Not that long ago a Medici Pope was selling tickets to heaven in the form of absolution. The current Pope ? He's saying "who am I to say?" when it comes to gay relationships after centurys of the church saying the opposite.
With this church and that church cozying up to feminine Pastors and Reverends as well as embracing the new relative morality when it comes to gays... after centurys of teaching the opposite.....All while still passing the collection plate at the conclusion of the services.
The decline in parishioners is hardly surprising. They havent stayed on point.

Organized religion hasnt helped me on my spiritual quest for the most part....and the only time Ive been to a church lately is for a funeral service. I do find myself in prayer about 10 times more often though. Odd that.

That tikka guy from Utah posts some pictures of the kind of places I find myself reflecting and praying at.
That being said I am neither a religious scholar nor do I play one on TV so dont take anything I say as gospel.

.... like tears in the rain