Hey folks. Hope this finds you well. We are 3 weeks/ about 350 miles into our hike; so far so good. Averaging a bit over 15 miles/day per our plan. Did over 180 river crossings (Gila) some waist deep and fast… was very glad to have easy ankle articulation. The next section, north to Grants, has lots of sharp lava and I’m thinking I’ll have my house sitter send my next pair of Solomons in that resupply box. That’ll be around 450 miles on this first pair. They won’t be “done”, but the resupply after that is kind of sketchy as far as delivery. I already did a comical pad rodeo trying to get replacement sent ahead after my BA failed catastrophically in the desert south of Lordsburg… you can’t always count on deliveries to some of the remote places that accept hiker boxes etc.

I’m in cahoots with scores of other CDT hikers, some doing huge miles a day (25+)…. this is freaking NM on the geological continental divide; it’s rugged as hell. Every single one is wearing low tops. Every single one. Just sayin.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!