Cyn is back home after completing the CDT! Those who understand what that means… understand what that means. Under 200 folks will complete it this year. I’ll have to ask her the total mileage. Over 2400 I believe.

She went through 4.5 pairs of shoes, first Altra’s then Topos. I guess the word on the trail is that Altra switched from being made in Vietnam to China and this years shoes suuuuck. Also supposedly this years Solomon’s suck. The top mesh on mine was notably less durable than previous years but other than that, I liked them, so I’m not sure I agree. But, there’s some trail shoe intel, hot off the presses.

I have a cool pic that’ll illustrate what she did. I’ll edit it back into this post—

Edit. So this is a compilation of InReach “pins” that she sent generated by the InReach company software. She sent me this when she still had part of Colorado to go. Colorado kicked her BUTT, the monsoons came late, she was caught in many a storm at very high altitudes. The CDT and Colorado Trail are the same for a while there for anyone familiar with the CT.

Anyway this is the route. We did the NM portion together, then she did the rest southbound (SOBO) from the Canadian border by herself, or with friends she met on the trail.

She is SKINNY. It was profoundly hard on her body. She literally hiked her butt right off. I’m not pleased about that, haha.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Jeff_O; 10/04/23.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!