Do you worry or otherwise deal with over-training, MT? I have a knee that the older I get, simultaneously responds well to “the trail” but also seems a bit degraded after every adventure.

Not sure what tags I’ll get this year, find out soon. About the only way I’m in “boots” if if it snows up where we hunt elk. The good tag I have the best shot at is the backpack mule deer hunt I’ve done several times now on that big remote high-desert mountain range which shall go unnamed… very, very rugged, very steep, no trail. Perfect for my X-Ultra's. smile

My buddy’s wife got him a pair of them (he’s one of these millionaires who’s too cheap to buy himself nice stuff) except they were the high-top version. I’d be curious to try them; at least I know the lower part of the shoe fits my foot. I have a pair of their more substantial “boots” and while they nominally fit great, they put my foot in a position that leads to Achilles pain as the days go on. Like my shin is cocked forward slightly and that’s the direction they don’t flex much.

My youngest has emerged from her college ultra-liberal daze and said she wants to kill a deer with me, so there’s that, too. Blacktail are my bread and butter and I know how to kill ‘em. So I might end up playing guide with her much of the season; however I have a feeling she’s being unrealistic about having much time off from her FS job at that time. She’s in a supervisory role this year, which is cool for her, but maybe not as easy to escape from in the fall. We shall see. Much depends on the tag lottery, and it’s coming soon. In the meantime I’m seeing calm ocean later this week and they just upped the limit on halibut to (2)…….

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!