We are approaching 600 miles in, and I just ran the numbers, we are averaging 15.3 miles/day for the last 36 days with (1) zero day in Grants for Cyn to rest an injury. Very tan, very skinny, trail legs are rockin’. The very sharp young lava south of Grants in Malpais (sp) monument tore the top mesh my right shoe pretty good- I’ll post a pic later. I repaired it with 120-lb braided fishing line from my halibut reel that I carry for just this reason, and first a fishhook, then in Grants a heavy duty curved needle, so now it’s Frankenboot. It’s been holding for, hmmm, about 150 miles across all manner of terrain so I’m hoping it can do the last stretch here w/o drama. REI won’t fast-ship to general delivery so I couldn’t get new ones sent ahead in time, then I had no signal for a week+….

Great community of folks here on the CDT. Some really impressive hikers- people doing way more miles/day than we are.

(sensitive types, read no further)

In a hotel room in north NM, gonna go hit up the weed shop. In a world where personal freedoms rarely win the day, by God this one DID, and since I spent my misspent youth avoiding getting popped here in NM with weed, buying some legally, here, is gonna be pretty sweet. smile

Last edited by Jeff_O; 05/17/23.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!