Originally Posted by 4th_point
Originally Posted by 4th_point
I used trail runners for the first time on a summer backpack scouting trip last year. It was awesome. For the actual hunt, I wore what I used to think of as my lightweight hikers. Those are Lowa Renegades. I think that I could have just used the trail runners for the hunt though.

I used to wear Kennetrek mountain boots for archery and rifle season. Then started using the Renegades for archery. Now I don't even own a heavy mountain boot. I've been using the Renegades in the snow.

Less boot is working for me, but I think it's taken some time for my feet to adapt. I think wearing Croc-type flips did something weird to one of my feet. Since I ditched those cushy sandal things my foot seems a lot better.

Not too off topic, but I just bought another trail runner for myself. I liked the first pair so much that I wanted another. And got trail runners for my two kids instead of boots. We went with Topo, Altra, and Hoka. A lot of money for what amounts to sneakers! But total cost was less than a decent pair of hunting boots.

My only complaint with my first trail runner was that it allowed fine dust through the mesh. Our new shoes should be much better at that. I did get some debris through the top but didn't have gaiters on. I may look into the lightweight gaiters.

It’s great that you tried them. Your experience is pretty much universal IME. If you try they, you will switch.

My Salomons let lots of fine NM grit through the top mesh. While Cyn’s Altra’s were better in that regard, her socks and feet were still pretty much equally filthy by the end of each day.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!