Originally Posted by Garandimal
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by Garandimal
Good boots - are.

tennisbootsthings... aren't.

No offense.

GR

This reminds me of an old saying; "you don't know what you don't know."

Mountain trails, rock falls, river marshes, swamps, thickets, timber woods, oak flats, etc.

Just a good, light weight boot, like the Bellevilles.

No decimal point tennisbootsthings required.

Would be surprised if they lasted a month.

GR

I just backpacked through and over ALL THESE THINGS, and more. Maybe you missed that? 600 miles, averaging 15 miles/day, with one rest day the entire trip. Our packs were, generally, not light either because of all the water you gotta carry down there.

You know who didn’t last a week, much less a month out there in the real world crucible that is the southern CDT? Guys wearing “boots”. I saw this with my own two eyes.

Do this simple math for me, please. Both you and SherrifJoe.
I just got 600+ miles out of a pair of Salomon X-Ultra 4’s. I have proof of this. How long is YOUR average backpacking trip? 25 miles, total? How many times a year do you do this, on average? Let’s say (4), but I doubt that, both you and SJ. But let’s be generous here. That’s 100 miles a year. So that means a) it’ll take you 6 years to do what I just did in 6 weeks, and b) it’d take you 6 years to mostly wear out a pair of these supposedly fragile tennisboothings.

No offense, truly, but you know not of which you speak. That goes double for SJ. At least you are polite about it- which I respect and appreciate FWIW.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!