Maybe she said 2800… I’ll ask. “A lot”.

FYI… Nobody does the full “red line” CDT… there are numerous alternates that folks take that either lengthen or, usually, shorten it. Often for very good reasons. For example, we did the “Gila Alternate”, which is the one that takes you for about, hmmm, 35 miles of the Middle Fork Gila canyon, which is sublime. I think I posted pics from it way earlier in the thread… ? Edit: added one. That one was less miles than the Gila High Route, again if memory serves, but we were busting HUMP to achieve 8-10 miles a day in that canyon! In the realm of 180 river crossings in 3.5 days. Deepest one was fast, got my belly button wet, and there was a strainer downstream to make it extra fun. smile We found a different place for Cyn to cross that required some minor cliff-scrambling to get to but was well worth it. That one was sketchy.

I’ll cop to this. Turns out the 600 miles in NM I was braggin’ on here? She says that was the easiest part of the CDT, on balance. 😂

Yes, she’s a badass. She did the freaking CDT! And after what she’s been through the last couple years… incredible.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Jeff_O; 10/04/23.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!