John Linebaugh has his seminar in June each year in Cody. It's a good time with a lot of good folks. If you come to that gig, small bores are anything that doesn't start with a 4 or larger, and handgun range shooting goes to 970 yards.

The Cody Shooting Complex has a High Power, Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays, Cowboy Action, Silhouette, Rifle (500m), Pistol and Plinking ranges. There are primitive camping facilities on site, which are used by the Cowboys during their yearly shoot, so it would be a good idea to avoid those times. There is also a KOA on the edge of town.

The Powell range, about 20 miles away, has a 970 yard range.

Fishing around Cody is some of the best trout fishing in the state, or so I'm told by those who do such things.

There are pdogs around the area, some just south of town toward Meteeteesee, and most likely toward Greybull as well.

It's about 50 miles to Greybull, and most of the land on both sides of the highway are BLM all the way once about 5 miles out of Cody.

The Buffalo Bill Historical Center has the Buffalo Bill Museum, Plains Indian, Winchester Gun Museum, Whitney Gallery of Western Art Museum, and the Draper Museum of Natural History under one roof.

There are also about 10 guns shops in Cody. Bork's, Rocky Mountain, Denny's, Outdoor Sports, Palmers, a new guy on main street, another on the west end past Bork's, Guns West, Honest John's (not the real name) above Peter's cafe for old stuff, and one or two others I can't recall.

I wouldn't recommend the Shoshoni/Boysen area due to the lack of any facilities such as motels, grocery stores, etc. Not to mention that the Fast Lane there is anti gun. I carry open, and after doing business there off and on for 30 years, they decided to post a no firearms allowed sign in the window. Funny thing is, hunters keep the place alive in the fall.

There are some other sights and things to do around the area, like the Old Trail Town Museum where Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid's cabin now resides, along with a number of other famous cabins from Wyoming people of note. I think Liver Eaten Johnson is or was buried there now.

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

I'm in Cheyenne at present and will be until this weekend when I head to Laramie, then back to Cheyenne next week, then back to Cody. Anyone living along the way who may like a chat and a cup of coffee, send a PM.

David

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~