gotlost:

Looks like there's lots of fishing and maybe some pdogs too. Jacks Creek Crew Quarters and Jacks Creek Campground are sounding better. I've been to Saratago/Riverside/Encampment many times, once to attend a mountain man rendezvous in Encampment, but I've never visited the mountains to the West of Encampment. There are hot springs in Saratoga and a lake where an annual ice fishing contest is held.

Saratoga is rumored to be the landing place for some high rollers including Bill Gates and Warren Buffet. The Old Baldy Club (members only) might be the focus for this enclave of big money. You can often see expensive private jets parked at the tiny airport in Saratoga and there are several art galleries that are definitely not in the price range for locals.

But Saratoga still has a small town atmosphere and the people act nothing like the Aspen snob crowd. Riverside and Encampment are small villages that are just managing to make ends meet.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.