Originally Posted by CCCC
Hey fellas - the indicated date would be fine for me, and I don't want to insert a damper, but how about experience?

This summer, due to NF restrictions, we were forced to camp at a NF campground so we could cook and we had no campfire, no privacy and no immediate place to shoot. This due to early summer dryness after a dry winter/spring. The summer rains ordinarily do not begin until after mid-July.

It is now the end of July, we have had decent rain on and off for more than a week or so, and more to come. This place is looking GREEN and the forest is open to camping/fires, etc. or very soon will be. Elk all over the place. Much more pleasant and plenty of places for a deluxe forest conclave that would be near no one.

So - might wish to think about mid-August for the above reasons. Just an observation.

Mid-August would probably work better for me, as well. One of my contracts has an all-staff and consultants retreat in July, and we just missed it this year. My kids (and grand-kids) often schedule a visit in July or the first week in August. In fact, number two daughter and her children arrived today.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...