Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
laugh laugh laugh

That works! Just leave the stilettos to Patty, Miss Lynn, and the other ladies, PLEASE! grin

Ed

Crikey, If I am blessed enough to make it to the gathering, I will have my Tony Lama's and a pair each of my hiking, Nike's and Chippewa flying boots. Sorry, I will leave the stilettos behind. That is all I need to do , bust an ankle or torque my poor knees worse than they are now... I can picture being unceremoniously dumped on my behind upon firing any number of large bore rifles in such foot squabs.

I am up for a catwalk side seat for a Quemado fashion show though... Also, I am first to offer my services as a judge, of decorum and general chicanery for any impromptu such event.

While I do not tote or wield a whip (handcuffs safely stashed away in a secret place), I have been accused of a possessing occasional rapier like wit and I am a self proclaimed good judge of bad whiskey and somewhat of a legend in my own mind on matters of geometry, symmetry and taste and matters of the non-sensical...

To catch up any that care to read on:

Just today returned from a overly packed sojourn (and thusly fort he moment deleted trip to central Va which may likely happen on a trip to a concert I am going to in Cincy, Oh in late summer) to SW Fl today and am most giddy at the prospect of a "power sleep" tonight after "power driving" from SW fl to NW Ar in one swoop. Wonderful what a gutload of turbo coffee can do for stamina. Now the fatigue and healthy serving of Evan Walker and OJ is beckoning me to the land of snore.

Amazing how a couple good audio books and an Ipod stuffed with my faves eats the miles by clumps of hundreds, 2-400 miles in 1 sitting. Heck after NOLA last night around IIRC 7pm EST, I listened to the better part of a 10 album compilation I had programmed for my bike rides of my favorite singer/songwriter.

The '09 CRV averaged over 28 mpg (right at to a tiny smidgeon above 30 MPG on the highway at 68-70 on cruise with the first 3 tanks supplimented with about 4 oz per tank of acetone for fuel nozzle cleaning) over 3500+ miles (measured) including the real estate tours and at a magnificent a B-day party at my dearest friend in Wings South Airpark in Naples, Punta Gorda, Ft Myers and Venice, Fl. from NW AArghkansas for any interested in such stuff.

Great WX on the trip till the return leg through Memphis (there was 1 day of on and off rain in the Punta Gorda/Charlotte County, Fl area and my profound apologies to TLee for for not stopping in, I may well return in a few months for an attempt on a deal we are considering for a slab of dirt with seawall there in the coming months and will bring extra ammo if that happens as penance for our overly burdened recent schedule) to about 60 Mi west on 40 as the rain was being horizontally as well as on the vertical plane driven hard enough that my spidey sense was searching for funnel clouds in the amazingly frequent vivid and brilliant lightening strikes over the course of more than an hour.

Racing the moon from early last evening to nearly dawn was SPECTACULAR, tearfully so, as it shown its beauty all through Louisiana, Mississippi (has anyone else noticed the absolutely intoxicating, faintly cedar tinged scent crossing into Mississippi from Louisiana on I-55 Nin late May-early June?) and then it was a fixture in my windshield between storm cells in Arkansas and after the storm finally broke before Little Rock.

One must savor such perfect drives with ones love softly slumbering alongside and wondrous sounds of joy issuing forth from such the tiny B&O ear-bob speakers so as not to disturb another's well deserved slumber, all the while being in mesmerized and completely in awe of the supreme power of Mom nature as the storms and cloud to cloud lightening build many miles in the distance...

Such a fine road trip does wonders at re-centering a slightly adrift core of being.

Best Wishes to all and Be Safe
Patty