I see no reason for the notion that we all have to settle-down in one spot to do only one thing. The distances between the several spots aren't great, but the variety is.

The crowd, I'm sure, will be most diverse, from
(a) those who'll be uncomfortable without good beds under 'em and solid roofs over 'em at night,
to
(b) those who'll be right at home sleeping on the ground under the stars or in the bed of a pick-up.

� In the wee burg of Quemado itself, the Largo Motel, the Largo caf�, and my house offer "civilized" accommodations for several people, and there's room in my yard for one, two, maybe three trailers.

� The campgrounds right at the lake, like public campgrounds everywhere, come with both assets and liabilities that come with crowds of strangers around you. Not so much, of course, the more remote Armijo campground a few short miles from the lake.

� Some will prefer to fish, more or less solo. Some will prefer to shoot in a group. Some will prefer to just sit around and hob-nob with old friends whom we've just met face-to-face for the first time.

� Some will come with their families, probably including both kids and dogs. Mom and Sis may not enjoy doing the same things that Dad and Junior do.

Variety we got. Weeks and months to do it all we ain't. There's no need for us all to settle on just one location or just one way to spend our brief time together.

Where we sleep, bathe, and eat is one thing to base our plans on.

What we do and where we do it is another.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.