Well folks, for me, the latest update for the Quemado gathering is this:

I am scrambling to get my doodo in a group and will try and sell some brass and a few other things to try and finance this mission. While I can make no promise I am sure to keep, I will dang sure TRY to make it happen.

I had the fortune of obtaining tickets to one of my (kinda don't care for the term) "bucket list" concerts, front row, center orchestra/pit section that I have had pleasant dreams of for more than a decade. Likely don't have too many more concert going experiences left in me so I have to go where the opportunity presents itself. Anyway, that is a factor in attending the Quemado gathering.

Last night, I resized about 600 30-30 (on a single stage press no less) and hope to bring Marvin the Wonder rifle (An old Marlin 336 30-30) and perhaps a 1895 Marlin 45-70 (also a handi rifle 45-70 barrel to sell/trade for a 30-06 for the same), likely my 44 mag Marlin 1894 and if ammo permits a pistol or 2 to share with for all who wish to play.

I REALLY would like to meet so many of the folks (Ken, Safariman and a host of several others) that have taken the time to so warmly invite me to this shindig.

The last few years has been not too pleasant but I am not whining, quite the opposite, as I seldom explain, the difference between explanation and excuse is but merely one's point of view.

If able to attend this year, I am planning on bringing a tent and camping kit but am not sure of the temps and conditions in mid July. Being a little differently able, but reasonably mobile, I'd appreciate advise on needed kit, climatic conditions and necessary accoutrements appropriate for comfort in the area. BTW I LIKE cold but reckon NM in the summer, even at altitude, is more than that.

Also would like to bring my road bicycle to burn some cal's to offset the inevitable preponderance of vittles.

Should Fortuna smile and I am blessed to be able to come to the gathering, I will bring a chili kit or 2 + some Pa venison from the last deer I had the privilege of harvesting (a humbling experience, spiritually).

Thoughts of sundries needed to keep in reserve would be appreciated as I prefer to arrive with an abundance of things to share for those that run low on whatever.

Being as I have pretty much stopped selling brass now due to circumstances beyond my control, I will bring the last of my stuff for trade/freebies and do have some oddball brass and stuff that are welcome to be given a new home as I like to see stuff reused by those that need/or can use it.

I'd like a chance to thank those who have taken the time to invite me to this event and sincerely hope it works out that I can attend. I have vacillated in the past about attending but my desire and curiosity to meet the quality of folk I have communicated with is something that is greatly looked forward to. Wish the distances were smaller to visit folks of generally like mind.

Be safe all, and do take the time daily to enjoy the life we are blessed with.

Patty