Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Whaddy'all think of this idea?

We could have our own li'l Show-Swap-Sell Session (a "Campfire SSSS").

Bring along whatever you want to brag about, to swap, to sell, to give away, etc � guns, binoculars, scopes, dies, brass, bullets, primers, powders, range-finders, wives, spotting scopes, cameras, actions, bullet moulds � whatever.

You might shed a lot of saliva, and you might find a treasure that you've wanted for years but couldn't find.

A friend was here for a while today � dug out my Mauser actions � my two best ones, long saved-back for ultra-special custom rifles that just never got built, for one reason or another � so now they're out where you can take a look at 'em if you come to the Campfire bash at the lake.

Friend who dug 'em out for me talks like he wants one or the other but hasn't yet given me any hint as to which one he likes better (I think that he's having a hard time figuring that out, himself!)

Both have '06-head bolt faces and extractors.

� Mark X � (earlier model) standard commercial in every respect � with classic custom floor-plate release � blued

� Danzig � small-ring military, standard barrel thread, partially customized (ring and bridge hand-polished [not buffed!] � drilled and tapped for scope � custom trigger [not fitted or tuned] � commercial magazine, floor plate, trigger guard, bolt sleeve, FN safety � original military bolt handle, unaltered, but with custom bolt handle included separately � custom bottom metal blued)

I have a few .22 Long Rifle rifles, too � including an original low-number (single digit) Oregon Kimber.