Originally Posted by rosco1
I've had an accumark in 30-378 since they came out.I really liked the gun at first. But think more along the lines of Boxer and Dober now.

It shoots wonderful, always has..But its a beast, not really a handy/dandy hunting rig. I hated the stock, it was replaced with a McMillan soon after i bought it. hard pill to swallow, buying a 1500 $ rifle, and imediatly throwing away the stock and speinding 600 bucks on the replacement, all the while knowing I fugged up, but too proud to admit it...

Mine is being made into a 20 or so pound LR rig in 338-378 Tejas, and will see very little time in the field from now on.

My opinoin is the 30-378 and 338-378 are nich cartridges, offered in a rifle that only half assed covers that nich..Not a hunter, and not a great LR gun. Dont paint yoruself in a corner, cuz for the same money you can have a rifle that you aint gonna bitch at everytime you pack it...Just my .02

As per always,Roy's chamberings have been better than his actions and I confess to having them in .430",.473",.532" and .582".