Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
......Well so far my Accumark`s bolt cycles as smooth as a baby`s butt and is wonderfully easy to cycle as well. Is extremely smooth.

In removing the bolt just now, I don`t notice any unusual wear contact or any indications of alignment issues.

It certainly seems to me that if anything were to occur as you state, then the first indicator or symptoms would be a harder to close and harder to cycle bolt. I`m just not getting any of that.

And if I do, I`ll cross that bridge when I get to it. But for now, its very smooth sailing.

Bolt lug contact has almost zero to do with the ease or difficulty of how the bolt closes/opens. Although I would wager with less lug contact a bolt would probably be pretty damned slick to operate.
Its about having a consistant bearing surface for the bolt to provide strength/safety for the action, and also repeatabilty for the best accuracy.
Lug contact is far more serious of an issue than a bolt cycling smoothly. Further uneven/inconsistant lug contact isn't particularly visable without the use of lay out fluid.

Last edited by THOMASMAGNUM; 09/21/11. Reason: spelling