Originally Posted by cal74
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
And for what........another 100 fps or so whoopy... wink

Dober

I'm far from any expert, but from every article I've ever read the .280 AI is supposed to be one of the most benificial from being Improved. Close to 200fps gain, improved brass life, and it's damn sexy...

Decent article:
http://www.shootingtimes.com/2011/03/17/longgun_reviews_the_280_ackley_031511/

cal74-I wasnt't overly clear about what I said. I meant to say that if you push the AI it may well get within 100 fps of the 7 RM. I wasn't meaning to comment about how much one gets over a regular 280. Make sense?

And from what I've seen the AI users are running them awfully darn hard to get within 100 fps, I expect with time people will back off a bit and begin to see 100-125 or so over the regular 280 especially if they're to get any sort of case life at all. Most of the 280AI users I've been around are probably seeing the primer pockets get loose after one or two firing and most likely can't keep a primer in the pocket around 5 or so reloads. And that to me is what I'd not be comfy with.

Just my way.

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy