Originally Posted by nsaqam
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Hodgdon doesn't list a single 160 class load which reaches 3000.

Keep reading.........the cartridge has been giving standard ballistics like those shown by Nosler since 1962.Suddenly the Internet shows up with a bunch of ex-purts with Quick Load,who have likely never owned nor loaded for one,and the 7 mag is relegated to the bone pile.Nothing but entertainment on here.

You really ought to try buying a 7RM and loading for it....7-8 of them would be better to gain some perspective,instead of guessing.

Sam Fadala went through this same crap with the 25/06 Improved before he smartened up and just bought a 257 Weatherby.Guess he got tired of fire walling improved wildcats...experience is a funny thing.

Don't be disingenuous Bob.

Please....stop....you're insulting my intelligence.You can pitch this line of bullshidt somewhere else and expect someone else to believe it. I don't have all the answers but I been doing this stuff too long. smirk

There may be some dumb enough to buy this mumbo jumbo but I promise you I ain't one of them... smirk

You guys are stomping the hell out of the cartridge to make it look good and claim it delivers like a 7 mag....the evidence is everywhere. I don't care how many times you read QL, there is no way any of you know what pressures you're generating to get those velocities.

You have one guy on another thread stating, very matter-of-factly, that he runs a 140 from the 280AI at the same velocities as a 7mmDakota or STW,and everything is peachy......another who says he won't run his pet load at over 60F degrees.... (what do you guys do, carry thermometers around on a warm October day to be sure you can shoot a Wyoming buck?)LOL!

Then you run around spouting black magic about the 7 Rem mag and SAAMI specs and expect me to believe that I'll disappear in a blinding flash if my handloads (heaven forbid!)exceed 60,000psi? In the meantime you don't have a [bleep] clue what kind of pressures you are actually running n your rifles to get those speeds.....or one logical reason why a 7RM can't be run at the same levels to go faster...C'mon.

Not that it needs to be run harder as the Nosler Manual suggests(and if your contention about SAAMI pressures is correct)...you still offer no explanation for the existence of that data....can only be one thing, right? You are correct and the Nosler lab is wrong? I suppose you want me to believe that,too?Funny stuff.

I wonder who's really being disengenuous?....Pitch this Internet bullshidt somewhere else.There's impressionable kids on here....they might swallow that BS.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.