Bob,

Not at all attempting to misquote you and of you read it that wayy apologies. I am just trying to honestly understand where you feel people like me have pushed too far.

As i read it, the poster of the article said R22 would give more velocity before pressures climbed then 4350 or 4831. That is in line with what the books say, what I have read and my experiences.

You say I'm well over the top yet my loads are at or under book max in several books and within 50-65 fps of book speeds. Is up to 65fps really that big of an indicator of a problem or not in the realm of being an acceptable variance in different barrels?

I don't ever try to push past what I read is a safe load and have worked up to. I am trying to understand how i am "well over" when my loads are like I said within what i consider an acceptable speed variance of book loads and countless loads posted online going back years.

No I will not push it past 3315 and may even take a bit of powder out of it if there is some compelling reason too but I haven't seen one yet except claims only that my velocity is too high.

Ackleyfan,

No I do not have my own pressure measuring device but do know for a fact that I get none of the well established pressure signs I.E. hard bolt lift, flat primers, extractor marks etc. After 7 loadings my primer pockets are still nice and tight, case head measurements show no sign of stretching and the 3 pieces of brass I have cut apart show no thinning anywhere.

So yes your correct in that no one can tell me for sure what the pressure is in my rifle. All I can go on is I'm following book load that I worked up to and everything that I can check in regards to pressure signs seems normal to me.

Guys, I'm not too hard headed as to think I know it all, nor too old to learn if someone has advice or an explanation. I just have a hard time wrapping my mind around claims that I've pushed it too far based simply on velocity yet nothing I can see says so.

As I said everything I have read tells me I'm near the top end but can find nothing that tells me I'm over.

Also is it possible that my barrel being a 3 groove has anything to do with my speeds being higher? Do they possibly create less pressure? I have 3 other 3 grooves in the safe and all of them reach book speeds typically at 1-1.5 grs under max and again with no pressure signs that I can see.

Like I said guys I'm all ears but I need a bit more then just my speed means my load is unsafe.