Originally Posted by nsaqam
I didn't dumb down the 7RM to lower pressure, SAAMI did.

I didn't maximize the efficiency of the .280AI, SAAMI did.

SAAMI matters to the people who print loading manuals. It matters so much to them that they simply will not list loads which exceed the SAAMI MAP.

Keep dreaming....everyone but you knows the 7 Rem Mag is faster across the board.Nosler knows it;uses a 26" tube for a 280AI and a 24 for the 7 Mag.

If the 280AI is as fast,and SAAMI pressures are so low,why does Nosler still show slower speeds with everything in the 280AI than the 7 Rem Mag, up to and including the 175 gr bullet? That's from a barrel 2" longer for the 280AI?

I've had enough 7 Rem Mags to know it does exactly what the Nosler manual says it does....do you think Nosler is loading to pressures over SAMMI maximums?Like....Nosler all of a sudden doesn't know what it's doing?Laffing at that one....

More Kool Aid by the 280AI boys. grin

Like Dober says, you guys stomp on it to make it do what it does.I haven't believed the hype surrounding that cartridge since it became what passes for "popular"(this is the only place the thing gets even a mention).

I find a lotta dreamers love it.

It's still choking on the 270's dust LOL!

Every time I consider getting one, I laugh to myself and remember these threads...think I'll pass and save the money..it's barely any better than a handloaded 280 Remington.

Splattermattic if the 270 is the "odd duck" caliber, how come it was the first true 7mm, and was popular here in the states way before any .284 cartridge became popular? And still buries all the competition, by far....if you addede th total sales of riles and ammo up for all the 7mm's here in North America, they still wouldn't come close to the 270...as for the 270 being chump change when it come to killing game...you guys are dreamers....learn to shoot.LOL! laugh

Last edited by BobinNH; 11/28/12.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.