Originally Posted by Shod
To me a 280 A.I. is nothing more than a 280 with the advantage of vastly improved case life and reduced both thrust. The claim that A.I. cartridges mask pressure signs intrigues me not because I intend to run more pressure but because it tells me that the chamber design does not have week points in which the pressure is concentrated causing case distortion or failure at a sooner point in the life of the case. It's kind of like the difference between buying a vehicle that is a 50,000 mile throw away or a 300,000 mile marvel of good engineering. To me....engineering that increases the life of the machinery is a good thing. The engineering behind a straight wall case with sharper shoulders is in fact a very basic and simple engineering concept. In fact the principles involved are so simple you could call it stupid simple!

The claim that us A.I. owners are running excessive pressure is nothing more than a lying line of presumptuous BS. I guess we are supposed to buy and use pressure test equipment to load to pressure tested manuel loads for our 280 A.I.s even though 99% on this forum dont including Bobin Not Home! I'm getting tired of the lying presumptuous BS!!!!!Of course there are ones who will push the envelope from every caliber and make but this is not somehow mysteriously centralized to 280 AI owners. BOB....YUR FULL OF SCHIT!!"

My experience with the 280AI is that is does mask pressure signs and when I see claims of 140's @ 3350 I'm 99% sure that load is north of 65K, I really think the 280ai is a great cartridge but I never tried to make mine something it wasn't!