I have been invited to hunt private property in Saskabush several times in recent years, but, so far, other issues have interfered. I hope/expect to go next year and will just use one of the same rifles I do here; I might well take my mint P-64-70 .264WM "Westerner" with it's Zeiss 4.5x14 scope, running 140NPs at 3250.

But, my advice after almost a half century of BC hunting and 60+ years of varied outdoor activities, much of that "pro" bush work in resource management, is to ASK your outfitter.

If, for some reason, that is not possible or you prefer to not seem a "novice" when you hit a camp full of middle-aged largely foreign "dude hunters" as they are called here in BC, my next suggestion is to use the rifle YOU shoot best and with a good bullet, the NP is never a mistake.

For general Whitetail hunting and we have them in BC as big as ANY Alberta or Sask. specimen, I prefer one of my 7x57, 7/08 or ,308Win. rifles and I DO load NPs. However, I am a retired resident with lots of time to hunt and I usually don't care if I shoot anything or not, so, perhaps a bit more zip might be better for you.

I would avoid .243, 6mm and so on and start at the .25-06-115NP at 3000+ and go from there. If, there IS a "better" tool for this task than the old .270 Win, well, I ain't never seen it.