Funny, an experienced Canadian hunter(s), use and post their use of .300 mag. rifles on the game where they live and hunt and yet "dudes" who may have been led to a few animals by guides and come from foreign lands tell them/us that their choice is ...ego....

As to Milo Hansen's buck, the FACTS of his kill are rather revealing and they show that he got that deer largely by LUCK and CHANCE. He and quite a number of other locals hunted it for some time, it was present in his region due to changes in the economic/environmental status there and he just happened to be THE guy that got that shot.

The issue of his .308Win., among my personal, all-time favourite cartridges, is also rather interesting, in view of the fact that to DROP and KILL that buck, he had to shoot it THREE times. In the dense brush and heavily-tracked snow at the time he shot it, this COULD have resulted in losing it.

So, enough of this bullsh!t about those who prefer to use, for example, a .300 Bee. for all of their hunting and/or carry a .270Win. or .280Rem. rather than the .243Win. After 50 years in western/northern Canadian hunting next season and considerable experience with a wide variety of rifles, cartridges and bullets in that time, I consider a .300 Mag. to be an excellent all-around choice for hunting here and nobody should feel that it is not due to some carping and kvetching from others.

Simply put, to me, our deer cartridges start with the ,25-06, 6.5x55/.260 Rem., various "sevens" and if YOU like and can shoot a .375H&H, why not, it is YOUR f**king hunt!