William_F_Tibbe-

I'm pretty sure you're attempting to be helpful, but on the subject of serial numbers you need to do some catching up.

Under current laws, I'll have no difficulty transferring my J.C.Higgins rifle to any of my heirs or assigns, nor to any person who is a resident of Michigan and who I deem worthy of owning a J. C. Higgins rifle. Further I can ship it in interstate commerce via USPS, UPS, FedEx, or any other common carrier to a FFL holder.

Here is a part of the instructions for completing the ATF form 4457. For my rifle without serial-numbers, the instructions to the FFL holder are pretty plain:

Question(s) 26, 27, 28, 29 & 30, Firearm(s) Description:
These blocks should be completed with the firearm(s) information. Firearms manufactured after 1968 should all be marked with a serial number. Should you acquire a firearm that is not marked with a serial number; you may answer question 28 with “NSN” (No Serial Number), “N/A” or “None.

The whole 4457 with instructions can be found on the ATF website: [color:#0000FF]https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download[/color]

Here's a quote from the website for which you provided a link. It's about 3/4 of the way down the page, near the photo of the Remington Nylon 66:

As for those pre-GCA guns which were manufactured without serial numbers, some are still on the market. A dealer buying or selling a non-NFA firearm made before 1968 and without a serial number need record “Made prior to 1968, no serial number” or “NSN” in the serial number space on his transaction record. Unless there is a state or local requirement, he need not apply a number or obtain a number from the police or BATFE.
{image of Nylon 66}

Good luck.
--Bob