Calhoun:

I don't know why you want to persist is chasing this peripheral issue that has already been beat to death. But once again I will say:

Way back at the inception I injected some qualifiers and exceptions:

* There may be some "antique" guns without serial numbers. * There may be some guns in "estate collections".
* There could be some wildcatters or self made guns or guns re-barreled or modified by a gunsmith after market, or guns that simply had the serial numbers wiped off.

When you speak of Savage Stevens you are going back to 1864, the merger and then the split and closure of one in 1936.

I spoke today to one gun dealer that I had a lot of dealings
with over many years. I asked him if he ever saw guns come in without serial numbers and he said no. Further in his state private owners cannot sell guns to each other any more due to the "Safe Act". The gun has to go through a FFL and he said further that if there was any indication at all that the serial number had been removed he wouldn't touch it. He added that military guns in WW11 all had serial numbers and even those in WW1 also had SN's.

You haven't given the age of your guns, when you acquired them and from whom and all pertinent history. You expect people to believe you on faith! Unless these guns were acquired by your grandfather and were originals in the family I doubt that you can even give the true history of them accurately.

The numbers of center fire rifles in existence, without SN's, is comparatively miniscule. As I amplified above, a major, successful gun dealer in business decades who has sold thousands of guns doesn't see guns without SN's.

You don't seem to grasp the relative magnitude. Instead you persist in efforts to build grandiose, misguided mountains out of mole hills. For what motive remains to discover. Either for the purpose of deliberately antagonizing and trying to fire up an argument or for the purpose of attempting to discredit me ? But the fact remains that you selectively cherry pick comments and bury the peripheral conditions while zooming up selective comments.

Why should I believe you? You won't believe me. That little cabal of gang bangers persisted in unloading on me with a plethora of insults and malicious sniping. Their lips got stiffened when my photo was posted - egad, with an animal !!! But conversely I didn't see any of their photos with animals.

I asked anyone who owned a rifle without a serial number to raise their hand and I only saw 3 or 4 at most. There was only one of them that I would actually believe.

I don't know if you are a fraud or not. I only know that you will never be able to prove that you are not.

In the meantime your post was civil and polite enough and I do appreciate that.

Last edited by William_E_Tibbe; 09/15/15.