William_E_Tibbe-

You have apparently decided that it's OK for me to keep my J.C.Higgin's rifle and I won't get arrested for possession here in Michigan. Am I correct in assuming that, like the Watergate guys used to say to the senate committee, this statement "is no longer operational"?
A commercially manufactured gun with no serial number is illegal and cannot be owned.

So, my plight has changed from a blanket prohibition to one that might get me in trouble in Ringwood, New Jersey.
Originally Posted by William_E_Tibbe
Bob: Ill give you my sons address in Ringwood New Jersey and invite you to try to ship a gun without a serial number.

FYI I shipped numerous guns to him and I know the score.

Well, you needn't bother giving me your son's address. (Whitepages thinks it's 26 Underhill Terrace, but of course that may be wrong.)

What I would require before shipping any guns to your son is the first three and the last five digits of his Federal Firearms Dealers License. If he doesn't have an FFL then no gun gets shipped whether or not it has a serial number.

However, I'm willing to learn about NJ laws. Please indicate the statutes that make it a crime to take possession of a serial-numberless pre-68 J.C.Higgins 22 rifle, as opposed to one with a serial number.

Thanks.
--Bob