Originally Posted by BullShooter
Originally Posted by smokepole
I was gonna ask the tibster to post an actual photo of himself with a dead animal. But I have a hunch the only way you'll see a photo of him is to google "delusions of grandeur......"

Maybe?

Site link: [color:#0000FF]Bill ? & dead animal ?[/color]

--Bob
[Linked Image]

Bull:

Yep, that's me alright with my Ruger .338 Winchester Magnum. Modeo 70/77 89 @#$%^&*() ??????

Newfoundland: It's a 6 hour big ship trip from the mainland to the island. Then several, hours North.

Aster Caines outfitter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7COBoNgU1J4

He has more than one camp. Mine was up north. It was quite a drive of a couple of hours from his home town , then in the middle of nowhere, took a small tracked ATV for 3 hours back in to a lake shore, then across the lake to a nice cabin. There were only three hunters in the camp. The cook was my guides sister, a fabulous cook who made fresh bread and excellent table fare.

On the first day my guide and I left the cabin at 9:00 AM. We walked 50 feet and saw a cow with a calf. Another 500 yards we spotted a moose lurking back in the brush. Maybe 200 - 300 yards more we looked back and saw three bulls trotting across in open ground. About 200 yards away. I spined him on the 3rd shot. There were also two other holes in him. 3 for 3 standing running shots.

By 10:30 AM I was back in the cabin. My guide took the ATV and
skinned/dismembered the moose. I took a shower and lounged around the cabin. Couldn't get out next day. Took my moose to a processor who prepped and froze it and it was ready to go the next morning. I gave 1/2 of it to Aster.

He's a prince of a guy. I've been to his home and met his wife. I hunted with his cousin the previous year for caribou. I hunted 1/2 hour to shoot my caribou first day, morning.

Price of my moose hunt was $4,000 1/3 of Alaska prices. My caribou $3,600. Prices escalated over the years and there is less game now. It's around $6,000 these days.

ALL of the Canadians I met and knew were fabulous people. A special breed. Absolutely the people I like best in this world.

If you speak to Aster tell him Bill Tibbe recommended you. He won't jerk you around he will give you the straight scoop.

* Addendum:

In Asters lesser camp with more traffic those hunters opened the door at 7:00 AM and shot two bulls from the doorway - first morning.

*( Note that Aster deliberately limits traffic to ensure good results. On his chart in his cabin where I stayed, the record dating back at least 10 seasons is 100% success. NO -one ever left his camp without a moose ).

Here' some more Province/pro sales spiel to lure you in"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7COBoNgU1J4

Last edited by William_E_Tibbe; 09/11/15.