Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
You ever get to meet old Fred Wells ?

GTC
Did you know Fred Wells,Greg?

Spent about 90 minutes touring his "shop" in the mid '90s,...an INCREDIBLE warren of interconnected old adobe and stone buildings, right in downtown Prescott, walking distance from Paul Marquart's home and shop, which I was also lucky enough to do some hanging out in.
Freds shop ? You literally had to duck through holes in the walls, and in places you would have thought you were in a mine.

Met Fred, and his lovely wife Rachel, who was doing several different engraving jobs. A PPK with a very discrete, tiny sitting nude babe on it's slide stands out, in particular.

Fred had COPD,... the entire place plumbed for Oxygen, and just plugged and unplugged himself into the system as he made his way through his obviously still very busy and productive days. I remember him being quite a humorous and droll character, as opposed to Paul's very quiet, almost preacher like personality.

IIRC,...Danny Pederson was running a rifling machine there, one of the first he built, I think.

The icing on this delicious cake was (of course) handling those incredible Magnum Mausers he was carving, in various stages of completion, and as well, some veteran ones that were racked in the cluttered "Office / Showroom".

Damn,...that's 20 years ago, now.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain