Originally Posted by Crow hunter
There are a lot of little pricks that sit around a computer in their momma's basement that love to screw with people just because they can. In the last 8 years I've been the victim of identity theft twice and stolen credit card numbers twice. I'm still trying to fix the identity theft issue from 2007 where some prick in Columbus Ohio stole my social security number and had a phone turned on in my name.

What Steelhead posted is a valid problem. There are enough losers out there that will do something like that just because they're bored. There doesn't have to be any real reason behind it, it's just that they're losers and want to screw with someone that day. I've had enough of it happen to me that I don't want to risk it. It's the reason that you'll never see me post a photo of myself, my family, my vehicles license plates, or anything that can identify where I live on the internet.

I never heard of Identity theft until I came to the US and it does not have to exist.

The US is way behind in common sense and intellect when it comes to consumer affairs.

It is created by the mandatory business use of the social security number which is obviously insecure, and not supported by government which can simply default any claim against you ( any person) by stating that if they do not have your verified signature within a purchase contract, the claim against you is null and void. End of it.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.