Originally Posted by William_E_Tibbe
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Bill,

Along with the pair of old German guns mentioned previously, I have two Marlin .22's without serial numbers. It wasn't just cheap single-shots made for Sears.

Hi John:

As you can see the boys are having a jolly good time at my expense. I don't mind their clowning around at all. I just write them off as that element of our society that merits tolerance for the basically worthless annoyance among us. E,G, non contributing pests without goal or objective. Chatter box spoilers that contribute nothing .

I'll say that posters who claim to own guns without serial numbers should be given the benefit of the doubt. But as Ronald Reagan said : Trust but verify!

In your case you enjoy an excellent reputation. Thus I will say that there seems to be some relatively verifiable exceptions to the generally assumed culprit alone - JC Higgins Sears .22 caliber rim fire.

However if I was a betting man I would say that there are not one in 1,000 posters here who can claim a firearm without a whole number.

I would like to say that I don't understand how we came to be diverted onto this non-issue but I really do.

Bill

You back pedal better than most defensive backs!

The fact remains you are a fugging idiot, full stop, end of story

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell